This summer, Boston International Film Festival is offering the YOUTH FILMMAKING SUMMER PROGRAMin Boston. Students will direct a series of films in crews of five and rotate through the principal film crewpositions. After directing their own films, students will learn to edit the films on digital editing software. Students will work with state-of-the-art equipment and facilities, while receiving explicit instruction from professionals in the film industry. Students will also collaborate with other program participants to enhance their learning experience and gain extensive exposure to all valuable roles in the production of a film. With a challenging project-based course of study, Broadway Pictures Entertainment studio establishes a fascinating learning environment applicable for everyone with interest and passion for filmmaking.
[WHO] Teenagers aged 12-17
[WHEN] Session 1: 06/22 ~ 07/10, 2015; Session 2: 07/20 ~ 08/07, 2015
[WHERE] BPE Studio, 9A Hamilton Place Boston MA 02108
[PRICE] $375/week or $1125 for the whole 3-week session
[APPLY] please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or 617-482-3310.
- Introduction to filmmaking
- Theme, Plot outline, story structure
- Principal Elements of visual storytelling
- Intensive study in writing, directing and camera operation
- Film shooting schedule for cast, crew and location designation
- Camera operation training
- Develop a plan from initial script idea to a finished film project
- Film shooting
- Film montage with digital editing software
- Screening of completed films